Donations of material support have helped provide for the needs of hundreds of babies born to PSS clients. Here are some ways that you can help:
- Host a baby shower for PSS
- Provide refreshments for volunteer training
- Provide gift bags for clients who complete parenting classes
- Donate your children’s outgrown baby clothes (gently used, up to 12 months)
- Donate your children’s outgrown nursery furniture (gently used)*
- Host a diaper drive
- Donate baby toiletries (lotion, soap, cream, wipes)
- Donate a book or a roll of stamps
- Fix a meal for a new mom
- Transport baby furniture to a new mom
- Provide exam table paper
*Baby furniture is to be dropped off at the Caring Center of First Baptist Church, Durham http://www.fbcdurham.org/caring-center/ . Let them know that your donation is for Pregnancy Support Services. Other material support items can be dropped off at our Durham office during normal hours. Due to federal safety concerns regarding used carseats and baby cribs, we can no longer accept these items for distribution to our clients. We can however receive pack-in-play type porta-cribs.
PSS is a 501(c)(3) and will be able to offer you a receipt for you donations. It is up to you to value donated used items.